Local Teachers Gathered at Ramadan Table
Posted on 29/6/2016
We have gathered with local teachers from Po Leung Kuk High School on our last 4th Iftar Dinner on a lovely tuesday night. Teachers whom were different subjects broke the fast with Pearl Family.
Our dinner started with an Adhan Call as a usual ceremony to break the fast and we have invited our guests to have buffet that specially prepared by the Pearl Women. Afterward we have dive in varieties lovely conversations on different topics. Sometimes we have asked questions to educator, sometimes the have asked to their muslim friends.
There were questions on How we fast such long hours and why we fast in that way. In his words one of our director mentioned that fasting in Ramadan is a means of learning self-control. Due to a lack of preoccupation with the satisfaction of bodily appetites during the daylight hours when fasting, the spirit gains a measure of ascendancy. The soul is freed of the chains placed by carnal desires. Fasting provides a break in the cycle of rigid habits or overindulgence.
He added that during fasting, not only the stomach, but also the tongue, eyes, ears, other limbs, and the heart and mind are equally obligated to be restrained. Just as we control our physical appetites, we also must control our negative emotions and actions.
Our conversations went on like this and we enjoyed the desserts and tea for a while.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
- Last Iftar Dinner Held in Ramadan 2016Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Farewell Iftar Dinner to RamadanPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Fast-Breaking Dinner with Hong Kong Police ForcePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Local Teachers Gathered at Ramadan TablePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Ramadan Iftar Gathering with Local FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Pearl FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Intercultural Ramadan Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Distinguished FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- PI Women 2nd Iftar GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Delegates of CMCFA & Kasim Tuet Joined Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Ramadan Dinner Gathering with AcademicianPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Islamic Union of Hong KongPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Pearl Women Iftar Dinner GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Old FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner Gathering with “Turkish Learners” FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar with Friends from MediaPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Academicians from HK UniversitiesPearl Institute2020-07-03T15:14:02+08:00
- PI 4th Annual Interfaith Ramadan Iftar GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Ramadan Iftar Dinner with Teacher from Rosebud Int. SchoolPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- First Ramadan Iftar Gathering with EducatorsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- How and Why Istanbul & Turkey Getting More Important?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Breakfast with Distinguished GuestsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Hon. Emily Lau Wai-hing & Hon. Sin Chung-kai from LegcoPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Teachers from Po Leung Kuk High schoolPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
- Distinguish Locals Gathered at Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.
Leave A Comment