Iftar Dinner with Distinguished Friends
Posted on 23/6/2016
When we fast for 30 days we always get questions that “What is fasting”, “Why Muslims Fast”. The questions multiples everyday in our social life. There are many different aspects of fasting and more benefits as well. If we mention some of them in our todays article we can say that Fasting teaches compassion. It is easy to talk about the world’s problem of hunger, easy to feel sorry that millions of people go to bed hungry each day. But not until one actually feels it in one’s own body does the impact truly hit home. Compassion based on empathy is much stronger and more consistent than compassion based on pity. It is a feeling that leads to action. Fasting is never an end in itself; it has many different outcomes. But none of the other outcomes are of real moral value if compassion is not enlarged and extended through fasting.
Compassion is one of only aspect of it that we have felt in our dinner today. Our attendees shared stories, asked and answered the question to each other and of each other. We enlightened from each other, we learned from each other. We broke the fast and got to know each other.
Thanks for all attandees tonight.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
- Last Iftar Dinner Held in Ramadan 2016Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Farewell Iftar Dinner to RamadanPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Fast-Breaking Dinner with Hong Kong Police ForcePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Local Teachers Gathered at Ramadan TablePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Ramadan Iftar Gathering with Local FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Pearl FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Intercultural Ramadan Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Distinguished FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- PI Women 2nd Iftar GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Delegates of CMCFA & Kasim Tuet Joined Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Ramadan Dinner Gathering with AcademicianPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Islamic Union of Hong KongPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Pearl Women Iftar Dinner GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Old FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner Gathering with “Turkish Learners” FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar with Friends from MediaPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Academicians from HK UniversitiesPearl Institute2020-07-03T15:14:02+08:00
- PI 4th Annual Interfaith Ramadan Iftar GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Ramadan Iftar Dinner with Teacher from Rosebud Int. SchoolPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- First Ramadan Iftar Gathering with EducatorsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- How and Why Istanbul & Turkey Getting More Important?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Breakfast with Distinguished GuestsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Hon. Emily Lau Wai-hing & Hon. Sin Chung-kai from LegcoPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Teachers from Po Leung Kuk High schoolPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
- Distinguish Locals Gathered at Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.
Leave A Comment