First Ramadan Iftar Gathering with Educators
Posted on 7/6/2016
Ramadan is one of Islam’s foremost pillars and greatest symbols. Many of its purposes relate to God’s Lordship and giving thanks for His bounties, as well as to humanity’s individual and collective life, self-training, and self-discipline.
Fasting Ramadan is the key to a true, sincere, comprehensive, and universal thanksgiving. Many people cannot appreciate most of the bounties they enjoy, for they do not experience hunger. For example, a piece of dry bread means nothing to those who are full, especially if they are rich. However, the believers’ sense of taste testifies at the time of breaking fast that it is indeed a very valuable bounty of God. During Ramadan, everyone is favored with a heartfelt thanksgiving by understanding the value of Divine bounties.
While fasting, believers think: ‘These bounties do not originally belong to me, and so I cannot regard them as mere food or drink. Since the One owns and grants them to me, I should wait for His permission to eat them.’ By thus acknowledging food and drink as Divine gifts, believers tacitly thank God. This is why fasting is a key to thanksgiving, which is a fundamental human duty.
As Pearl Institute Family we have invited our friends to feel this atmosphere and break the fast together. We enjoyed the moment of togetherness while we were breaking our first fast.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
- Last Iftar Dinner Held in Ramadan 2016Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Farewell Iftar Dinner to RamadanPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Fast-Breaking Dinner with Hong Kong Police ForcePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Local Teachers Gathered at Ramadan TablePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Ramadan Iftar Gathering with Local FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Pearl FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Intercultural Ramadan Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Distinguished FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- PI Women 2nd Iftar GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Delegates of CMCFA & Kasim Tuet Joined Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Ramadan Dinner Gathering with AcademicianPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Islamic Union of Hong KongPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Pearl Women Iftar Dinner GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Old FriendsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner Gathering with “Turkish Learners” FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar with Friends from MediaPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Academicians from HK UniversitiesPearl Institute2020-07-03T15:14:02+08:00
- PI 4th Annual Interfaith Ramadan Iftar GatheringPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Ramadan Iftar Dinner with Teacher from Rosebud Int. SchoolPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- First Ramadan Iftar Gathering with EducatorsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- How and Why Istanbul & Turkey Getting More Important?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Breakfast with Distinguished GuestsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Hon. Emily Lau Wai-hing & Hon. Sin Chung-kai from LegcoPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
- Iftar Dinner with Teachers from Po Leung Kuk High schoolPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
- Distinguish Locals Gathered at Iftar DinnerPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:18+08:00
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.
Leave A Comment