“NOT MY LIFE”
Posted on 1/11/2014
UNICEF’s “End Trafficking” fact sheet states that, “human trafficking has been likened to modern-day slavery that subjects children, women, and men to force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation or forced labor. This horrific practice can include prostitution, pornography, and sex tourism as well as labor for domestic service, factory or construction work, and migrant farming.”
Indeed, this is the fact no once can stay unconcerned. As Pearl Institute (Formerly known as Anatolia Cultural and Dialogue Centre) we would like to create a platform to raise awareness in the society. We would like to give a hand those in trouble by screening their difficulties and look for solutions in an open-discussion panel.
The film begins with voices speaking over a black screen, as the words “human trafficking is slavery” appear. One voice states, “I don’t use the word ‘inhuman,’ because it’s humans that do this stuff,” and another tells us that this is a “global pandemic.” Those two phrases capture the essence of the documentary, which highlights ways in which people exploit other people through labor and sex trafficking both domestically and internationally.
So we will discuss altogether the psyche of the victims as they rehabilitate, the mentality of the traffickers, the cycle of violence and the hopelessness it sometimes perpetuates, and the ways in which law enforcement and the public are combating these crimes.
There is one more way that we can take actions as well by Hong Kong Police Crime Hotline +852 2527 7177 –or you can send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org continuing to inform yourself, training and educating others, mentoring youth, and by getting involved with one of these organizations.
* We will be hosting Mr. Matthew Friedman as a guest speaker of the event. Please click here to learn more about Mr. Frienman
* Please kindly inform us if you are unable to attend the event after you click “Attend Button”
Presents: Pearl institute (Formerly known as Anatolia Cultural and Dialogue Centre)
Venue: 909 CCWU Building, 302-308 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Date: 1 November 2014
Time: 18.30 – 20.30
Highlights: There will be refreshment service after the discussion
* This is a free event.
- International Conference on Children’s Rights and FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Panel on “Islam and Buddhism” DialoguePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Dialogue Between Islam and Buddhism through the Concepts Ummatan Wasatan and Majjhima-PatipadaPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Prince Among SlavesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- THE EDGE OF SCIENCEPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Turkey’s Historical Significance for the Bahá’í FaithPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Francis of Assisi and Killed Friars in MoroccoPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Heritage of Dialogues between Islam and Confucianism: Chinese Islamic Classic during the later Ming and Qing DynastiesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Turkish Passport & Holocaust VictimsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Religion and Politics in Contemporary TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Turkey and the Syrian Refugee CrisisPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- The Invisible Figure; WomenPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- Europe Under Refugee CrisisPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- Stories of Syrian Refugees from A Photographer’s FramePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- JESUS From The Islamic PerspectivePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- RUMI: Paragon of LovePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Turkey & China: An emerging strategic partnership?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- “In the Footprints of Francis and the Sultan: A Model for Peacemaking”Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Verses of Love – Buddhist, Islamic and Christian Poets on Embracing “the Other”Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Harmony in Diversity – Confucianism and IslamPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- ÇiN’DEN TÜRKİYE’YE 100 ENTELEKTÜEL – 诚邀百名中国专家学者访问土耳其Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Global Development and TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- State Collapse and the Rise of the ISIS in Syria and IraqPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Media Globalisation – Towards a global unity or domination?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:30+08:00
- From Local to Global and Back; MY LIFE JOURNEYPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:30+08:00
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.