International Conference on Children’s Rights and Family
Posted on 2/6/2016
Dear Friends. One of our partner organisation [Journalist and Writers Foundation] is calling for The Paper to submit International Conference on Children’s Rights and Family that will be organized in Nigeria this year. The deadline of the submission has extended ro 30 June 2016. Please find the details below.
International Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) defines a “child” as a person below the age of 18, and urges all governments to increase the level of protection for all children under 18 -regardless of their race, religion, or abilities, whatever they think or say, whatever type of family they come from. Governments should ensure that no child is discriminated on any basis, by taking all necessary steps to ensure that the minimum standards set by the Convention are being met. These necessary steps also include helping families protect children’s rights and create an environment where they can grow and reach their potential (Articles 1-4).
According to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, “all people, irrespective of sex, age, race, ethnicity, and persons with disabilities, migrants, indigenous peoples, children and youth, especially those in vulnerable situations, should have access to life-long learning opportunities that help them acquire the knowledge and skills needed to exploit opportunities and to participate fully in society.” In relation to that, the document promises “to provide children and youth with a nurturing environment for the full realization of their rights and capabilities, helping our countries to reap the demographic dividend including through safe schools and cohesive communities and families.”
In order to open the ground for an academic discussion of this “nurturing environment of children for the full realization of their rights and capabilities”,in partnership Ufuk Dialog Foundation and Arigatou International/Prayer and Action for Children, the Journalists and Writers Foundation organizes the 4th International Family Conference with a focus on children and family. The conference, titled “Children’s Rights and Family” will be held on 19-20 November, 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria, with an aim of promoting a proactive and universal child rights approach to family.
International Family Conference is a biennial international academic conference which is organized by the Women’s Platform of the Journalists and Writers Foundation (JWF), which holds General Consultative Status at UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Its aim is to stimulate interdisciplinary and cross-national collaboration and approach to various family issues.
Conference prioritizes policy-oriented articles together with academic and descriptive ones. This call for papers is an invitation for all academics from any disciplines of social science, experts and activists paying attention to the issue of family and children.
- Women’s Economic Empowerment in the changing World of WorkPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:01+08:00
- Worldwide Women of Faith Promoting Peace in a Troubled WorldPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:01+08:00
- ZDF (German Media Channel) Interviewed with Fethullah GulenPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:01+08:00
- Fethullah Gulen’s Message regarding Rumors Circulated in Turkish Media about a Second Coup AttemptPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:01+08:00
- Fethullah Gülen’s message of condemnation and condolences for victims of the terrorist attack in Gaziantep, TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:01+08:00
- Taiwanese TV Program Interviewed with Fethullah GulenPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Fethullah Gulen’s Article on LeMonde Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- We Have MovedPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- Fethullah Gulen’s Article on NYT – I Condemn All Threats to Turkey’s DemocracyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- PI Strongly Condemn German Axe AttackPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- UPDATE – In Response to Military Intervention in TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- PI CONDEMNS THE TERRORIST ATTACK IN NICE/FRANCEPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- PI CONDEMNS THE TERRORIST ATTACK AT THE ISTANBUL ATATURK AIRPORTPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:02+08:00
- PI STATEMENT ON ORLANDO SHOOTINGPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- International Conference on Children’s Rights and FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Panel on “Islam and Buddhism” DialoguePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Dialogue Between Islam and Buddhism through the Concepts Ummatan Wasatan and Majjhima-PatipadaPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Fethullah Gulen’s Condemnations for Terror around the GlobePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Prince Among SlavesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- THE EDGE OF SCIENCEPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Turkey’s Historical Significance for the Bahá’í FaithPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Muslims, we have to critically review our understanding of IslamPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Francis of Assisi and Killed Friars in MoroccoPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Heritage of Dialogues between Islam and Confucianism: Chinese Islamic Classic during the later Ming and Qing DynastiesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Turkish Passport & Holocaust VictimsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.