With the words: “It doesn’t suit you when you are full and your neighbor is hungry”, PI has organized kermis to help people, who have been forced to flee their homeland in Syria.
Turkish foods & Crafts have its fame in all around the world. Due to its unique taste & shapes it makes it one of the special one among cultures. As Pearl Institute’s (Formerly known as Anatolia Cultural & Dialogue Centre) Women, we have been seeking opportunities to get involved in more and more activities to promote Turkish Culture and through this help others.
As targeted so far, PI has been donating the profits to whom in need anywhere in the world. This time, PI has held Kermis to help Syrian Refugees!
The humanitarian tragedy is so obvious for the eyes of all. When protests in Tunisia that shook the Arab world and started deeply oppositional street protests in Syria. The response of Syria’s management was very severe. When the outbreak of armed clashes between the protestors and government start, the effect was mostly on citizens including women and children. Heavy weaponries are being used in many Syrian cities and tens of thousands of people are being forced to flee their homes.
Because the clashes have become a civil war in Syria, tens of thousands of people have escaped and are taking refuge in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon. The Turkish government and some other states have fully mobilized for the refugees so far, but the Syrians are still in a difficult situation.
Pearl Institute organized a Kermis, which made a few thousand profits, to reach those refugees through KYM (Kimse Yok Mu? – One of the top relief organization in Turkey-). KYM has been delivering aid to the Syrian refugees who left their countries because of civil war and are taking refuge in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon.
Even if the amount PI made so less, but it still does cover someone’s need. But there are still a large majority of the Syrian refugees who are taking refuge in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon are women and it has been identified that their biggest needs are food, baby necessities, blankets and cleaning supplies.
KYM rushed to the aid of the needy in many parts of the world with the sincere support and assistance of the Turkish people and the people from different nations are now launching a campaign to help our Syrian brothers and sisters.
Even though the profit we made in Kermis just can cover a few people’s needs, but with your gentle donations it will worth a lot. So if you could not come to this “Helping Hands & Fraternal Hearts” kermis campaign, you can still consider the one whom far away from you;
– Or you can transfer the money to ACDC’s bank account at 817 171556 001 or you can hand it to us at 909 CCWu Building, 302- 308 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
* If donations are made through direct bank deposit to our ACDC’s account, please email the deposit slip to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your original deposit slip to us and write down your name, contact phone number and mailing address. We will send you the offical reciept after we confirm your donation.
We appreciate & welcome you to participate to these unique relief operations. See you all there.
* PI has supported Oxfam International, IUHK, People Suffered in Typhoon in Philippines and People in Syria so far by organizing these charity kermises. It has donated around 40.000 HKD so far.
* KYM has launched that with the support of thousands of people, they have brought items in an amount of 25 million USD so far. But people are there needs more in this sharp winter situation.
* Here is the items what the KYM will bring depending of to Syrian Refugees needs;
Detergent Powder (For Hand Wash)
* You can find more detailed information in the links below;
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.