Four theoretical Arguments for the Construction of A Global Identity
Posted on 27/1/2014
This presentation argues that a global identity could be constructed through human efforts and systems interactions. The arguments are designed revolving around the four assumptions:
1) the challenges of an interdependent world upon which peoples are facing ranging from security issues to environmental crisis.
2) the possibilities or for constructing human social nature and social identity through education, communication and developed cognitions.
3) the evolution of human spirits constructions toward an ideal world upon which the national states as well as religious entities are pushing or sharing.
4) last but not least is the evidence of our human world as a self-organizational mechanism or body is taking a purposeful track for making such identity of world state come true witnessed by the increasingly integrated global economy and politics.
Dr. Zhang Quanyi is currently an associate professor of political science at Zhejiang Wanli University. He also acts as a guest researcher at the Center for the Study of Non-traditional Security and Peaceful Development at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou. He obtained his doctorate degree in law from Shanghai International Studies University, He received his master’s degree from the School of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Birmingham in Britain. He spent eight months doing field research at Yonsei University in South Korea in 2007, under a grant from the Korea Foundation, and was a visiting scholar at the Institute of Global Conflict and Cooperation at California University in San Diego, and at Ohio State University in 2006. Dr. Zhang has published numerous articles on international relations and political psychology; He contributed column of Global Survey to United Press International Asia (www.upiasia.com) from 2007-2010. His research interest revolves around construction of collective identity and conflict management. His recent publication is: Evolution of a World State: Study of the Generation and Transformation of Global Collective Identify.
Time: 27th Jan 2014 – 7.00 – 9.00 pm
Venue: 909 C C Wu Building, 302-308 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai Hong Kong
*Refreshments will be served before the Lecture
- International Conference on Children’s Rights and FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Panel on “Islam and Buddhism” DialoguePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Dialogue Between Islam and Buddhism through the Concepts Ummatan Wasatan and Majjhima-PatipadaPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Prince Among SlavesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- THE EDGE OF SCIENCEPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Turkey’s Historical Significance for the Bahá’í FaithPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Francis of Assisi and Killed Friars in MoroccoPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Heritage of Dialogues between Islam and Confucianism: Chinese Islamic Classic during the later Ming and Qing DynastiesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Turkish Passport & Holocaust VictimsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Religion and Politics in Contemporary TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Turkey and the Syrian Refugee CrisisPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- The Invisible Figure; WomenPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- Europe Under Refugee CrisisPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- Stories of Syrian Refugees from A Photographer’s FramePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- JESUS From The Islamic PerspectivePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- RUMI: Paragon of LovePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Turkey & China: An emerging strategic partnership?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- “In the Footprints of Francis and the Sultan: A Model for Peacemaking”Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Verses of Love – Buddhist, Islamic and Christian Poets on Embracing “the Other”Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Harmony in Diversity – Confucianism and IslamPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- ÇiN’DEN TÜRKİYE’YE 100 ENTELEKTÜEL – 诚邀百名中国专家学者访问土耳其Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Global Development and TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- State Collapse and the Rise of the ISIS in Syria and IraqPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Media Globalisation – Towards a global unity or domination?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:30+08:00
- From Local to Global and Back; MY LIFE JOURNEYPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:30+08:00
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.