Pearl Institute (Formerly known as Anatolia Cultural and Dialogue Centre) has organized a Fund Raising Bazaar and a Relief Campaign on 25th of June 2014 for the people who have lost their beloved one in Soma mining explosion and the flood happened in Bosnia and Serbia
As targeted so far, PI has been organizing some relief campaigns to give a hand those in trouble by donating the profits that they gain in the food selling bazaars and the donation made through different options by the generous and compassionate people.
What happened in Soma Mining Disaster?
On Tuesday, May 13th, a mining disaster claimed the lives of more than 300 miners in Soma in Manisa, Turkey. According to news reports, the death toll might be more. A fire in the mine caused the disaster. Efforts were made to save the victims, however around 100 people have been rescued.
What happened in Bosnia and Serbia Floods?
Thousands had to leave their homes on Saturday, May 11th, when the worst flood in over 100 years hit Bosnia and Serbia. At least 50 people died from the flood and more than tens of thousands were left homeless. Thousands were evacuated but some are still trapped in their homes by the high waters.
The flood is threatening Serbia’s largest power plant in Belgrade. Volunteers from all over the country are desperately trying to protect the country’s largest source of electricity.
The flood has left thousands with no shelter, food, drinking water, or clothes.
With the words: “It doesn’t suit you when you are full and your neighbor is hungry”, PI & KYM (Kimse Yok Mu? – One of the top relief organization in Turkey-) has organized a Fund Raising Bazaar for charity and called for supports of the generous people to give a hand for the families affected by the Soma mining disaster and flood in Bosnia and Serbia by either visiting the booth at the kermis to buy something or making some donations.
Pearl Institute appreciate sincerely whom help us in the Fund Raising Bazaar on 25th of May and whom donate remarkable amounts only for the sake humanity and their belief. After the kermis and the donations ACDC sent 8.205.80 TL (approximately equal to 30,187.78 HKD) to Those in need through KYM. We believe that “All good deeds will be back to us” and we thanks again to those individuals has the heart full of love of humanity.
*Dear Friends the troubles never end. If you would like to send your donation you can still make it by the options below;
– Or you can transfer the money to ACDC’s bank account at 817 171556 001 or you can hand it to us at 909 CCWu Building, 302- 308 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
– Or you can hand the amount at the Kermis
* If donations will made through direct bank transfer to our ACDC’s account, please email the deposit slip to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your original deposit slip to us and write down your name, contact phone number and mailing address. We will send you the official receipt after we confirm your donation.
We appreciate & welcome you to participate to these unique relief operations in all the time.
* KYM has launched that with the support of thousands of people, they have brought items in an amount of 25 million USD so far. But people are there needs more in this hard situation.
* Here is the items what the KYM will bring depending of the victims in Soma, Bosnia and Serbia.
Detergent Powder (For Hand Wash)
* You can find more detailed information in the links below;
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.