Eastern vs Western Mindset
Posted on 20/03/2013
What makes “the East” different from “the West” and how?
There exist gaps between eastern mindset and western one. Then what should we do to face this gap in the gradually globalizing world?
Actually, we cannot deny any of the mindset. Every nation has its own characteristics and it’s mainly through its culture that we first begin to know the nation and its characteristics. So we cannot say that this mindset or custom is right and that is wrong. Equal respect should be attached to every nation in the world, even to those that are not in existence any more.
Dr. Beba is a Professor at the School of Business at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He graduated from the Middle East Technical University, Turkey and received his PhD in chemical engineering from the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. In over 30 years of his profession, he has worked extensively in and outside of Turkey for a range of public and private institutions as well as non governmental organizations, including Smithco Engineering Inc, Procter & Gamble, UNEP, EU and the private sector development groups of the WB. He served as the Chairman of the Environmental Protection and Packaging Waste Recovery & Recycling Trust (CEVKO) and established his first company, Recovery and Recycling Ltd, which designed and implemented systems for collection and down cycling used plastic and metal packaging materials. He provided services for SMEs and NGOs to support their R&D projects with innovative concepts via his company Project Development and Implementation Center and help them to draft professional business plans. He was the Academic Director for the Center for Entrepreneurship of Ozyegin University in Istanbul where he implemented an intensive teaching and research activities in the area of entrepreneurship. In this capacity, he taught entrepreneurship to UG and MBA students and executed international outreach activities such as, the Goldman Sachs Foundation (GSF) for their Global 10000 Women Entrepreneurs Program, European Forum for Entrepreneurship Research (EFER) and EU sponsored Life Long Learning (LLL) projects. Prof. Beba is presently an Adjunct Professor of the of the University of Science and Technology Business School, Consultant at MBA Programs, and Associate Director of the Center for Asian Family Business and Entrepreneurship Studies.
Venue: Pearl Institute, 909 CCWU Building, 302-308 Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai, HK
Time : March 20th, 2013 – 7.30pm- Wednesday
Fee : Free of charge
- International Conference on Children’s Rights and FamilyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:03+08:00
- Panel on “Islam and Buddhism” DialoguePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Dialogue Between Islam and Buddhism through the Concepts Ummatan Wasatan and Majjhima-PatipadaPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- Prince Among SlavesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:04+08:00
- THE EDGE OF SCIENCEPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Turkey’s Historical Significance for the Bahá’í FaithPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:05+08:00
- Francis of Assisi and Killed Friars in MoroccoPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Heritage of Dialogues between Islam and Confucianism: Chinese Islamic Classic during the later Ming and Qing DynastiesPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Turkish Passport & Holocaust VictimsPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Religion and Politics in Contemporary TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:10+08:00
- Turkey and the Syrian Refugee CrisisPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- The Invisible Figure; WomenPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- Europe Under Refugee CrisisPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- Stories of Syrian Refugees from A Photographer’s FramePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:28+08:00
- JESUS From The Islamic PerspectivePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- RUMI: Paragon of LovePearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Turkey & China: An emerging strategic partnership?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- “In the Footprints of Francis and the Sultan: A Model for Peacemaking”Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Verses of Love – Buddhist, Islamic and Christian Poets on Embracing “the Other”Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Harmony in Diversity – Confucianism and IslamPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- ÇiN’DEN TÜRKİYE’YE 100 ENTELEKTÜEL – 诚邀百名中国专家学者访问土耳其Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Global Development and TurkeyPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- State Collapse and the Rise of the ISIS in Syria and IraqPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:29+08:00
- Media Globalisation – Towards a global unity or domination?Pearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:30+08:00
- From Local to Global and Back; MY LIFE JOURNEYPearl Institute2017-06-06T11:38:30+08:00
The views and opinions expressed on this posts/pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Pearl Institute, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.